Author Topic: New album speculation  (Read 1184 times)

dogwoody

New album speculation
« on: Jun 01, 2017, 03:57 PM »
It seems like it's been fairly quiet around here, and I'm itching for some new MMJ! Anyone know anything? I can't wait to hear Throwback in studio form.

MMJTX

Re: New album speculation
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2017, 04:58 PM »
well Carl just posted an instagram of what looks to be like him and Tom (maybe?) in what looks to be a recording studio (maybe?) so that bodes well
Anytime

ryno11111

« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2017, 09:37 PM »
well Carl just posted an instagram of what looks to be like him and Tom (maybe?) in what looks to be a recording studio (maybe?) so that bodes well

Carl is playing a free show at Centennial Park in Nashville on Saturday and I believe that Tom is supporting on bass.   I would imagine they are just putting in a little practice session.

millerjustin

• got that old time feeling
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2017, 09:11 AM »
yeah my prior speculation went out the door - thought they would be hard at work recording for the past 2 months, but apparently not the case since the guys have been scattered across the country.  no Fall tour signs or speculation yet, so maybe they shifted calendar?
What's in here won't disappear

CountSA

• senior member sr.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2017, 09:50 AM »

There were a bunch of other Nashville musicians tagged on that instagram pic so I'm pretty sure Carl and Tom are just sitting in on someone elses recording session.

justbcuzido

« Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2017, 04:54 PM »
yeah my prior speculation went out the door - thought they would be hard at work recording for the past 2 months, but apparently not the case since the guys have been scattered across the country.  no Fall tour signs or speculation yet, so maybe they shifted calendar?

Dang. I will always take what they say about this stuff with a grain of salt. When Waterfall came out they thought the next album would be out within the year. lol.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

oistheone

« Reply #6 on: Jun 02, 2017, 06:08 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm worried about the lack of band activity, but it's a bit disappointing. Guess they aren't feeling it right now.

millerjustin

« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2017, 10:50 AM »
I wouldn't say I'm worried about the lack of band activity, but it's a bit disappointing. Guess they aren't feeling it right now.

totally not the case (and they will be busy on tour late June through mid-August) - someone spoke with Tom after the Carl set in Nashville this past weekend and he said they are scheduled to hit the studio together this fall - this bodes well for an Album in early '18 but might be bad news for a full Fall tour - hoping for a Nov-Dec run that culminates in Co for NYE

Lonndown27

« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2017, 03:23 PM »

totally not the case (and they will be busy on tour late June through mid-August) - someone spoke with Tom after the Carl set in Nashville this past weekend and he said they are scheduled to hit the studio together this fall - this bodes well for an Album in early '18 but might be bad news for a full Fall tour - hoping for a Nov-Dec run that culminates in Co for NYE

yeah jesus guys, let's don't fall to pieces when the band's just taking a bit of time off (and they really haven't, all of them are still working their solo endeavors or living life). We can't turn into the Deadheads who's entire happiness and self-worth was based on the Dead playing 100 shows a year. The Jacket have already given us so much, I love Jimbo, Bo, Tom, Carl and Patrick for what they've given us, I was already sold on them being my favorite band of all time in 2005 and that was even if they'd died in a plane crash after Okonokos, I'd still always love them as my #1 favorite, it was just something magic about them. I can totally understand how attaining that live magic can be addictive as fuck, especially to the members of us who've seen the biggest and the best shows in the Jacket's career.

But, they're already going to be touring again in a week, let's just chill out because I guarantee, like millerjustin said (and that BAMF seems to know what he's talking about) some big announcements are coming soon.

Buckle Up Jacketeers, buckle up.
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015

millerjustin

« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2017, 10:38 AM »

yeah jesus guys, let's don't fall to pieces when the band's just taking a bit of time off (and they really haven't, all of them are still working their solo endeavors or living life). We can't turn into the Deadheads who's entire happiness and self-worth was based on the Dead playing 100 shows a year. The Jacket have already given us so much, I love Jimbo, Bo, Tom, Carl and Patrick for what they've given us, I was already sold on them being my favorite band of all time in 2005 and that was even if they'd died in a plane crash after Okonokos, I'd still always love them as my #1 favorite, it was just something magic about them. I can totally understand how attaining that live magic can be addictive as fuck, especially to the members of us who've seen the biggest and the best shows in the Jacket's career.

But, they're already going to be touring again in a week, let's just chill out because I guarantee, like millerjustin said (and that BAMF seems to know what he's talking about) some big announcements are coming soon.

Ha!  I should get a wallet like Samuel L. Jackson had in Pulp Fiction.  Honestly just driving myself mad in the absence of announcements - I'm dying over here and won't see the boys until Portland, ME

Lonndown27

« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2017, 06:58 PM »

Ha!  I should get a wallet like Samuel L. Jackson had in Pulp Fiction.  Honestly just driving myself mad in the absence of announcements - I'm dying over here and won't see the boys until Portland, ME

me too man, but i just had a 5 week Grateful Dead phase that made up for it but now after finishing the Long Strange Trip documentary that just came out, I feel it's full circle now and I'm back to listening to OBH3 like crazy and anything I can get my hands on of them solo and together from 2017. Rkwedge sent me a Carl Broemel solo show that's divine!!!!
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015

sillyboob

• senior member sr.
« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2017, 07:04 PM »

me too man, but i just had a 5 week Grateful Dead phase that made up for it but now after finishing the Long Strange Trip documentary that just came out, I feel it's full circle now and I'm back to listening to OBH3 like crazy and anything I can get my hands on of them solo and together from 2017. Rkwedge sent me a Carl Broemel solo show that's divine!!!!

The live set Carl has on livedownloads.com right now is fantastic.  I hope we get a release of Carl's OBH3 afternoon set which was also truly great!
oh! this feeling it is wonderful! don't you ever turn it off!

APR

« Reply #12 on: Jun 08, 2017, 02:17 PM »
Yes, that one on livedownloads.com is incredible.  Especially if MMJ are done with the soundcheck party, it would be awesome if Carl or JJ came out and did one solo song before the opening act.  It would be a great bonus for the fans and get more people in their seats to pay attention to the opening act.   JJ said he really appreciated it when Eddie did a song before MMJ came on stage back in '06 when MMJ opened.

Lonndown27

« Reply #13 on: Jun 08, 2017, 03:53 PM »
Yes, that one on livedownloads.com is incredible.  Especially if MMJ are done with the soundcheck party, it would be awesome if Carl or JJ came out and did one solo song before the opening act.  It would be a great bonus for the fans and get more people in their seats to pay attention to the opening act.   JJ said he really appreciated it when Eddie did a song before MMJ came on stage back in '06 when MMJ opened.

THIS!!!
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015