Author Topic: New live album coming...  (Read 6697 times)

Lonndown27

• got that old time feeling
Re: New live album coming...
« Reply #40 on: Feb 15, 2017, 07:52 PM »
At the very least, we should have OBH 2017 audio in a couple months.  I'll take an additional show as well, most definitely!!

yeah that's totally true, and the OBH nights were epic! We ARE spoiled as Jacket fans, yes indeed, but there's been a bigger gap between Okonokos I and Okonokos II than I would've ever expected (no matter what it's called, if it's a Live LP / DVD and is extremely high quality, I'm probably going to call it Okonokos II) . I thought we'd get a second Okonokos after Evil Urges, then I was like OK well that makes sense, maybe after Circuital. Then, we get to The Waterfall tour and I'm like OK...NOW THIS TOUR HAS TO HAVE AN OKONOKOS FOR SURE....and now i'm hoping, along with the MMJ fans who want in on the action of Okonokos-esque greatness.

I hope someone heard something at OBHIII about a live album, because without that interview from Jimbo 7-8 months ago, we got nothin!

(fingers crossed)
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015

jimmyE

« Reply #41 on: Feb 21, 2017, 09:36 AM »
I posted in shows about this earlier, but at OBH3 this year there was a substantial video crew around the entire time - both roving cameras and fixed/tripod as well. They were around for all 3 MMJ shows, and it was a larger crew than I ever remember seeing at OBH2. Seemed like serious overkill if it were just for Cloud 9 promo videos or something like that.

No idea if it means anything, and I posted hoping that someone else may have talked w/ them or heard rumors, but no luck. There were other rumors about this during the Beacon run (I remember someone posting a photo of a film permit), but I wasn't there and can't confirm.

Lonndown27

« Reply #42 on: Feb 21, 2017, 07:19 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHH YES this is great news!!!! detective hats firmly on!
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015

Lonndown27

« Reply #43 on: Feb 27, 2017, 05:48 PM »
OKONOKOS II (my hopes, dreams, wants and needs all in a box, realistically and using known sources)

live: Beacon 2015

1.   EVIL URGES
2.   VICTORY DANCE
3.   CIRCUITAL
4.   SPRING (AMONG THE LIVING)
5.   COMPOUND FRACTURE
6.   MASTERPLAN
7.   EVELYN'S NOT REAL
8.   OUTTA MY SYSTEM
9.   I'M AMAZED
10. IN ITS INFANCY (THE WATERFALL)
11. PICTURE OF YOU
12. WAR BEGUN
13. SLOW SLOW TUNE
14. TONITE I WANT 2 CELEBRATE WITH U
15. DEATH IS THE EASY WAY (DEATH IS MY SLEEEEEEEZAAAAY PAYBABY)
16. WONDERFUL (THE WAY I FEEL)
17. KNOT COMES LOOSE
18. THEY RAN
19. HEARTBREAKIN MAN
20. ALUMINUM PARK
21. EASY MORNING REBEL   (w/ PHJB)
22. TROPICS (ERASE TRACES)
23. HOLDING ON TO BLACK METAL (w/ PHJB)
24. HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS     (w/ PHJB)
25. GRAB A BODY / HIT IT & QUIT IT (Funkadelic Cover)   (w/ PHJB)
26. COBRA                                 (w/ PHJB on intro / 1st & 2nd verse only)
27. SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN
28. TOUCH ME (I'M GOING TO SCREAM) PT. II
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29. ONLY MEMORIES REMAIN
30. THE BEAR
31. ROLLIN BACK
32. CARRIED AWAY                          (Carl song)
33. STATE OF THE ART (A.E.I.O.U)    (Jim song)
34. THE DARK
35. PHONE WENT WEST  (ULTRAGOD VERSION)

WATERFALL=5
CIRCUITAL= 6
EVIL URGES=6
Z=                1   (well what? it did have 9 songs on Okonokos I for fuck's sake haha )
IT STLL MOVES= 3
AT DAWN=         2
THE TENN. FIRE= 7
CHOC & ICE EP  =1
SPLIT EP=           0
HEARTBREAKIN MAN EP= 1
MISCELLANEOUS / COVERS = 1

* Ultragod Version = the greatest Phone Went West we've ever seen / heard (how could it beat RR2012????)

i think this is exactly what the band needs to get into the fans' hands. this would expand their fanbase, get newer fans acquainted or caught up with the last three albums, while getting them into the deeper cuts and gems that they hadn't heard or had neglected until they heard a crystal clear, sonically brilliant version of it (ala what Okonokos I did to people's awareness of the band's brilliance).

with a discography as big as they have, they cannot afford to have another Okonokos where they do Wordless, OBH, Lowdown, Mahgeeta, Golden etc again and get away with it, or hope to grow their fanbase.

It's the deep cuts, damnit!!

Cheers
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015

MOWJO8185

« Reply #44 on: Feb 27, 2017, 08:24 PM »
OKONOKOS II (my hopes, dreams, wants and needs all in a box, realistically and using known sources)

live: Beacon 2015

1.   EVIL URGES
2.   VICTORY DANCE
3.   CIRCUITAL
4.   SPRING (AMONG THE LIVING)
5.   COMPOUND FRACTURE
6.   MASTERPLAN
7.   EVELYN'S NOT REAL
8.   OUTTA MY SYSTEM
9.   I'M AMAZED
10. IN ITS INFANCY (THE WATERFALL)
11. PICTURE OF YOU
12. WAR BEGUN
13. SLOW SLOW TUNE
14. TONITE I WANT 2 CELEBRATE WITH U
15. DEATH IS THE EASY WAY (DEATH IS MY SLEEEEEEEZAAAAY PAYBABY)
16. WONDERFUL (THE WAY I FEEL)
17. KNOT COMES LOOSE
18. THEY RAN
19. HEARTBREAKIN MAN
20. ALUMINUM PARK
21. EASY MORNING REBEL   (w/ PHJB)
22. TROPICS (ERASE TRACES)
23. HOLDING ON TO BLACK METAL (w/ PHJB)
24. HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS     (w/ PHJB)
25. GRAB A BODY / HIT IT & QUIT IT (Funkadelic Cover)   (w/ PHJB)
26. COBRA                                 (w/ PHJB on intro / 1st & 2nd verse only)
27. SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN
28. TOUCH ME (I'M GOING TO SCREAM) PT. II
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29. ONLY MEMORIES REMAIN
30. THE BEAR
31. ROLLIN BACK
32. CARRIED AWAY                          (Carl song)
33. STATE OF THE ART (A.E.I.O.U)    (Jim song)
34. THE DARK
35. PHONE WENT WEST  (ULTRAGOD VERSION)

WATERFALL=5
CIRCUITAL= 6
EVIL URGES=6
Z=                1   (well what? it did have 9 songs on Okonokos I for fuck's sake haha )
IT STLL MOVES= 3
AT DAWN=         2
THE TENN. FIRE= 7
CHOC & ICE EP  =1
SPLIT EP=           0
HEARTBREAKIN MAN EP= 1
MISCELLANEOUS / COVERS = 1

* Ultragod Version = the greatest Phone Went West we've ever seen / heard (how could it beat RR2012????)

i think this is exactly what the band needs to get into the fans' hands. this would expand their fanbase, get newer fans acquainted or caught up with the last three albums, while getting them into the deeper cuts and gems that they hadn't heard or had neglected until they heard a crystal clear, sonically brilliant version of it (ala what Okonokos I did to people's awareness of the band's brilliance).

with a discography as big as they have, they cannot afford to have another Okonokos where they do Wordless, OBH, Lowdown, Mahgeeta, Golden etc again and get away with it, or hope to grow their fanbase.

It's the deep cuts, damnit!!

Cheers

There's a 0% chance that they release an official live album with no repeats from Okonokos.

Lonndown27

« Reply #45 on: Mar 01, 2017, 02:31 PM »
how do you know? hahaha I think if they did that it'd make more sense. But, after all, I guess they'll probably show off the Steam Engine with sax version (that I really don't care for, the sax ruins it for me, it belongs in Dondante and First Light, but not Steam).....I mean do they really need to put another Wordless Chorus on Okonokos II or whatever it'll be called ?? Especially over something like War Begun? Or Cobra? It'd be a straight up travesty, in my opinion. Also, it'd show Evil Urges and Circuital's songs in a whole new light, because we all know those albums are better on stage. You're pragmatically right, though...sadly.
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015