Author Topic: Deadthread  (Read 43537 times)

APR

• got that old time feeling
Re: Deadthread
« Reply #480 on: Jul 19, 2016, 08:23 PM »
Fenway Night 1 Set 2. Etched in my mind forever. Possibly the greatest set of live music I have seen in person. Dead&Co are the best live act out right now IMHO.

That's awesome.

iLikeBeer

• As you live and learn, dig and be dug in return.
« Reply #481 on: Jul 22, 2016, 08:59 PM »
Fenway Night 1 Set 2. Etched in my mind forever. Possibly the greatest set of live music I have seen in person. Dead&Co are the best live act out right now IMHO.

That's awesome.

Listening to night one as I type and this shit really sucks?!?!   :cool:   :beer:

beardedwonder

• senior member sr.
« Reply #482 on: Jul 22, 2016, 10:26 PM »

Listening to night one as I type and this shit really sucks?!?!   :cool:   :beer:
[/quote]

Lol. More tickets and room to dance for me.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #483 on: Aug 09, 2016, 10:38 AM »
On this Anniversary I am starting the day by playing this:

R.I.P. Jerry

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #484 on: Apr 20, 2017, 08:46 AM »
Tonight in theaters!! So much fun going to these, I haven't missed one yet.
Truly the closest thing to being at a show.

https://www.jambase.com/article/preview-cornell-77-mini-doc-ahead-grateful-dead-movie-screening

beardedwonder

• senior member sr.
« Reply #485 on: Apr 25, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Couple things:

I picked up the RSD release Grateful Dead, 7/29-30/66. A very good recording for early days. With some solid lesser spun tunes and a few classics. Very good quality and packaging. Def worthy of the price tag.

I also got the Acid Test by Ken Kesey on vinyl for RSD. It's bad, bizarre and cool all in one. A collectors item for sure.

Another album I scored in the last 6 months is Circles Around the Sun by Neal Cassal. This was the music spun during the Fare Thee Well show intermissions. Its a great album. The band is also playing a late night show after DeadCo Night 1 in Boulder this year.

Last one, they are releasing the classic show Cornell 5/8/77. Possibly sold out already but..

"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

parkervb

• Twitter
« Reply #486 on: Apr 25, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Couple things:

I picked up the RSD release Grateful Dead, 7/29-30/66. A very good recording for early days. With some solid lesser spun tunes and a few classics. Very good quality and packaging. Def worthy of the price tag.

I also got the Acid Test by Ken Kesey on vinyl for RSD. It's bad, bizarre and cool all in one. A collectors item for sure.

Another album I scored in the last 6 months is Circles Around the Sun by Neal Cassal. This was the music spun during the Fare Thee Well show intermissions. Its a great album. The band is also playing a late night show after DeadCo Night 1 in Boulder this year.

Last one, they are releasing the classic show Cornell 5/8/77. Possibly sold out already but..

I skipped this Dead RSD release since I did get a pre-order of Cornell '77. Can't wait to spin it (I think it's released next month)
Don't you ever turn it off

searchinbig

• ...You never gotta fight with me......
« Reply #487 on: Apr 25, 2017, 09:40 AM »
Couple things:

I skipped this Dead RSD release since I did get a pre-order of Cornell '77. Can't wait to spin it (I think it's released next month)

I ordered the Cornell vinyl also. Wonder what the 10th side etching is going to be??

Can't wait to listen to this!! Yes May 5 release.
Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule.

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #488 on: Apr 25, 2017, 09:50 AM »
I love the Circles Around the Sun stuff. great background music at work.

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #489 on: May 07, 2017, 11:12 AM »
May 1977 - Get Shown The Light

Just started the 2nd show of 4: Boston 05-07-1977 40 Years ago today.
This boxset of 4 incredible shows sounds so perfect.

This is a must have!

parkervb

• Twitter
« Reply #490 on: May 08, 2017, 08:46 AM »
my Cornell vinyl should ship today but spent most of the weekend streaming it and even that sounds fantastic.
Don't you ever turn it off