Author Topic: MLB 2015  (Read 7888 times)

APR

• got that old time feeling
Re: MLB 2015
« Reply #80 on: Oct 30, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Could this World Series be better than last year's unbelievable series?  Verlander tomorrow night.  It's going to be fun, but there can't be another crazy game like 2 or 5..... or can there be?

I don't know what Altuve gets paid, but whatever it is, it's not enough.  It's amazing to see how small he is (especially when he stands next to Correa).

parkervb

• Twitter
« Reply #81 on: Oct 30, 2017, 01:18 PM »
I'm enjoying the hell out of this series but there's something about all these HRs that seems to take the shine off a bit to me, but I can't quite put it to words. I don't think I'm old school by any means but it's just crazy how many they've hit. It would be so cool to see this series capped off with Jack Morris-John Smoltz duel ala Game 7 of the 91 World Series.

I'm just happy to see baseball capturing so much attention the last 2 years.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

« Reply #82 on: Nov 03, 2017, 03:30 PM »
I'm enjoying the hell out of this series but there's something about all these HRs that seems to take the shine off a bit to me, but I can't quite put it to words. I don't think I'm old school by any means but it's just crazy how many they've hit. It would be so cool to see this series capped off with Jack Morris-John Smoltz duel ala Game 7 of the 91 World Series.

I'm just happy to see baseball capturing so much attention the last 2 years.

If that happened, this series would go down as maybe the greatest and crazies.  A duel like that won't happen again..... No more complete games let alone someone going all ten innings anymore.  I'm glad the Astros got their first championship.  It continues to be annoying that every NLCS, ALCS, and WS game starts (and ends) so late.

walterfredo

« Reply #83 on: Nov 03, 2017, 07:00 PM »
I'm just happy the Dodgers lost.

walterfredo

« Reply #84 on: Nov 07, 2017, 04:27 PM »
RIP Roy Halladay. Wow!

rkwedge

« Reply #85 on: Nov 07, 2017, 04:35 PM »
RIP Roy Halladay. Wow!
Just heard this too. Tragic, R.I.P.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

• Twitter
« Reply #86 on: Nov 07, 2017, 04:35 PM »
RIP Roy Halladay. Wow!

at his peak, one of the best pitchers I've ever seen.
Don't you ever turn it off

jttouch2

« Reply #87 on: Nov 07, 2017, 11:16 PM »
RIP Roy Halladay. Wow!

When I still played I imitated his pitching style in every way I could. Sad to see an icon like him go so early.  :cry: